This is just another post about the Online Diplomacy Championship, this year being hosted by Playdiplomacy.
For some background on the ODC, see my previous post. Here, I just want to give some info about how to get involved.
First, register on Playdiplomacy.com. Registration is free and playing in the tournament is also free. Yes, Playdip does have a Premium Membership feature to get full access to everything on the site, but you don’t need it to play in the tournament. You’ll want it, but you don’t need it!
Second, make sure you’re registered on the Playdip forum. The tournament is being organised there and all communications about the tournament will be through the Forum.
Third, follow these step-by-step instructions (how helpful am I?):
- On the Forum, go to the GAMES section.
- In this section, open the PlayDip Tournaments forum.
- Then go to the PCO – RULES & SIGN-UP: ONLINE DIPLOMACY CHAMPIONSHIP post (or just follow that link).
- Go to the last page and add your name.
- Go to your USER CONTROL PANEL (located under the banner at the top of the Forum).
- Click on Board Preferences.
- Make sure you’ve selected ‘Users can contact me by email‘ and ‘Allow users to send you private messages’ – I’ll contact entrants by PM but may need to use email, too.
Yep, that simple!
At the moment, here are the deadlines:
- Deadline to sign-up is the weekend of 26/27 March 2022
- Confirmation for those already signed-up will be sought from the weekend of 19/20 March
- If you sign-up after from 19 – 27 March you will be automatically assumed to have confirmed
- Deadline for confirmations will be 27 March
- Round 1 game starts will be sent out on the weekend of 2/3 April
There is some room for movement in these deadlines but these are what I’m working towards.
Go on – sign-up! You know you want to!